Thursday, June 28, 2007

Think on it

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.
When someone is in your life for REASON...it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. Sometimes they die.

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
Your need has been answered, and now it is time to move on. When people come into your life for a SEASON it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. they ususally give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Bleieve it! It is real! But, only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendhship is clairovoyant.


Don't you think this is so true? I've often felt this in my life...that someone has been "sent" to me, to teach me something or share some part of themselves with me...also that they have been sent to learn something from me... and then when the lesson has been learned, the experience shared, they move on, either of their own desire, or because I need them to go...it's always somewhat bittersweet, though in my heart I know it's necessary. We all grow and evolve and it's so important to love ourselves and each other in a true, and right way. Find ways to honor us both, even if that means we do it apart. ...hmm...this is something that is heavy on my heart right now. I know it is right and in many ways I'm glad I was strong enough to remember and notice that it was time, but in other ways I'm sad and wishing things could've just stayed good forever......Forever is such a long time.... I've shared so many beautiful years and experiences that it's very challenging to admit and be strong in the decision to be independent. It is the best way to honor everone and love one another right....it just feels bad to watch the other person feeling so displaced and sad and broken.

This is what's on Dalai Mama's mind today.
Namaste

No comments: